THE SAPIENT SPARROW: conservatism for commoners

"What has always made the State a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven."–Holderlin


Yesterday, at a DNC fundraiser, President Obama opined that he was “amused” at the Tea Party protests.  Does this man stay up at night studying more ways to sound condescending and dismissive?  If so, he earns an A+ from me.  Mr. Obama, you have definitely mastered purposeful misunderstanding of the message of the Tea Party.  What a clever way to alienate us even further.  Kudos!

However, we are in good company.  There are many at NASA that were also alienated yesterday during Mr. Obama’s visit to Cape Canaveral where he announced changes to our space program.  Last night during his radio program, Mark Levin had a couple of calls from NASA personnel.  One was particularly interesting.  It seems, according to this NASA employee, that Mr. Obama bussed in 60% of the audience for his NASA speech.  The other 40% were union employees of the facility that he had given the day off.  No wonder there was cheering and applause when the POTUS announced that we are going to—Mars?!?  Obviously, none of the audience had any idea how ridiculous that announcement was.  Those who did were not invited to the event.  (Perhaps Mr. Obama knew that they all would be busy packing up their offices and worrying about finding other jobs).

On the bright side, if Mr. Obama continues to act in this fashion, (and I think it’s a good bet that he will—he just can’t help it), then he will become one of the best recruiters in history– for his opponents.  We are not amused right now, but in a few more months we could be downright mirthful.


Filed under: President Barak Obama, , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: